Tuesday, July 13, 2010

Seattle or Bust!

PASS%20Summit%20Banner%20300x300

I received an email last week informing me that one of my sessions had been accepted for the 2010 PASS Summit. There was a large number of talented people that submitted presentations this year (I would have hated to be on the selection committee). I did notice when I submitted my abstracts there was a lack of Policy-Based Management, and that’s exactly the one that was chosen. Here is the abstract and goals of the presentation.

Enforcing Compliance with Policy-Based Management

As the demand for data keeps growing and security and compliance keep tightening, the role of the DBA has become an increasingly critical part of maintaining compliance within the organization. This session will cover real world examples you can use with Policy-Based Management to ensure you have the proper server configuration and security settings in place along with the appropriate encryption and auditing options for your environment.

  1. Provide a brief overview of the rising compliance concerns in today's companies along with how you can use Policy-Based Management to mitigate risks.
  2. Cover specific ways you can use Policy-Based Management to help enforce proper server configuration, security, auditing, and encryption in your environment.
  3. Show how to create Alerts so you will be notified when violations occur on the policies you have configured.

I am really excited to have the opportunity, and I hope to see you there.

0 comments: