Friday, September 11, 2009

Upcoming Speaking Engagements

I did a presentation at couple of SQLSaturdays (one in Birmingham and one in Pensacola) called SQL Server Preproduction Tasks and quickly found out that there was too much information for me to cover in a single session. After thinking a little more about the topic, I figured many times servers are not performing well because they were either not configured properly or they have not been properly maintained. That being said, I broke the presentation into two sessions; SQL Server Configuration and Automating Routine Maintenance. I plan to start presenting them as a two-part series.

I will be presenting Automating Routine Maintenance at the Columbus GA SQL Server Users Group on September 23 and at SQLSaturday #21 (which looks like it is going to be awesome btw) on October 17. I know everyone has there own way of doing things, but I would like to cover as much of the basics as I can and let people adjust based on their own judgment. If anyone wants to preview the scripts or the presentation, just ping me and I will send them to you.

0 comments: